Filing documents into CM/ECF electronic filing systems requires the following hardware and software:
- A personal computer running a standard platform such as Windows or Mac OS X.
- A PDF-compatible word processor Microsoft Word.
- Internet service.
- A Web browser. For bankruptcy CM/ECF NextGen , Mozilla Firefox , Chrome, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Some users have had positive experiences with other Web browsers, but those listed here have been tested and certified for compatibility with CM/ECF.
- Software to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document fomat ( PDF ). Adobe Acrobat Professional is recommended.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available for free, is needed for viewing PDF documents.
- A scanner may be necessary to create electronic images of documents that are not in your word processing system.