In accordance with Judicial Conference policy, the bankruptcy court uses electronic sound recording equipment to record court proceedings1. The court recognizes that, on occasion, parties may desire to have a contract court reporter present at a hearing or trial to prepare daily transcripts, etc. In these instances, parties must file a motion to have a contract court reporter present at a hearing. The motion will only be granted under these circumstances, unless extraordinary circunstances exist:
- The motion must be filed within ten (10 ) days of the hearing.
- There are no objections by other parties.
- All court reporter expenses and fees shall be the responsibility of the moving party.
- The electronic recording will remain the official recording of the proceedings.
- Any official transcript of the proceeding shall be made from the court's electronic recording.
1 28 U.S.C. §753(b); Guide to Judiciary Policy, Vol.6 §340 Electronic Sound Recording